You may be one of 6.2 million people on Instagram that follow Humans of New York, a page where journalist Brandon Stanton story tells a person with a photo and quote. If you are, you probably are excited when you see one of his posts on your feed. This blog is really popular because it helps humanize people. Showing everyone that everybody has a story to tell. We loved the reason behind the project so we wanted to do the same thing in our community, and we did.

• “I came from the Philippines, and I went back after 30 years to see my family. My mom and dad were crying when they saw me. We went back again two years later from the first time with my kids who are 24 and 27 and my mom was in tears, because that was the first time she saw my kids.”
  • "I want to be a lot of things when I grow up but one of them is to be a person that makes cars."
  • “I love my job. I love helping customers. I started being a chef fifteen years ago in New York City as just a small job, and now it’s my passion. The people here are very different, but in a good way.”
  • "I had Polio when I was three years old The doctors told my parents I would never walk. I had an operation where they put a brace on my legs, I was in and out of the hospital for the first sixteen years of my life; they paid for all of my expenses. They got me up and walking.
  • I'm trying to figure out where I am going to go in my sports. I can either go soccer or continue to go to the gym six days a week and put on weight. I have already put on 31 pounds."
  • “In 2011, I was on the freeway and there was this heat in the back of my truck. Somebody was going 70 miles per hour and they weren’t paying attention. You could probably guess what happened. Now my left side including my shoulder, back, and leg doesn’t work that well.”
  • "My father was a vet and I loved horses. I used to go on house calls with my dad where there were cows and horses, and I used to get to rides the horses."
  • “I watched my mother die. She had a stroke on Mothers’ Day. She knew the Creator of the Universe, so she’s in Heaven right now. I miss her, but it comforts me that she will live forever now.”
  • “After the election we were horrified. Just disbelief. I think it is crucial that different generations communicate, because there is a lot of wisdom in the older generations having been through really disturbing presidencies before. I want to talk to the elders and find out how the hell they made it through Nixon, Reagan, or the Bushes.”
  • I’m a 100 years old.  I’ve been here for 16 years, I’ve been in California for 64 years from Yukaipa, Massachusetts.  My son must be now 66.  I met my husband back east, he didn’t have a mother so his father was the one taking care of him and his sister and he stayed out here 9-10 years then went back in WW2 to see his dad.  And that’s how we met when he came back.  I’ve been here so long I feel like a native.
  • One time, I almost fell off my mom’s roof when I was four because I found a way to climb up there on slippery boots. I would have fallen off if it wasn't for my mom who saw me through the window-my shadow- and thought I was a burglar and called 911, and then she yanked the curtain open and grabbed me inside.
  • I was diagnosed with diabetes in fifth grade and a year later I was diagnosed with celiac and I’m dealing with it for the rest of my life.
  • One time, it was my birthday and my parents made me ice cream cake. They put it in the freezer and when we took it out, it was still hard but we didn't know that. My brother slammed my face into the cake-and my tooth was wobbly so it fell out.
  • I played competitive golf when I was young and competed against Tiger Woods.
  • Last night I got my tongue pierced for the second time. It didn’t hurt as bad as people said it would.
  • "Two years ago right before Christmas I had a really bad case of appendicitis and ended up in the hospital for twelve days, and almost died. Christmas was very hard that year and she was there for me. That was a very difficult memory, but also a very fond one." "He makes an awesome thin Santa."
  • "My happiest memory from Christmas is when I was five and had Measles and I was finally well enough to enjoy Santa Clause."

[shareprints gallery_id=”17806″ gallery_type=”thumb_slider” gallery_position=”pos_center” gallery_width=”width_100″ image_size=”xlarge” image_padding=”5″ theme=”dark” image_hover=”false” lightbox_type=”slide” titles=”true” captions=”true” descriptions=”true” comments=”true” sharing=”true”]

About The Author

Related Posts

28 Responses

1. dream safari vacation

Someone necessarily assist to make severely articles I
    might state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and to
    this point? I surprised with the analysis you made to
    make this particular put up extraordinary. Wonderful job!

2. edu-zuoyi.com

I do agree with all the concepts you have offered on your post.

They’re very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are
    very short for newbies. May you please prolong them a
    bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

3. car computer exchange

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of
    any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my
    newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for
    a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have
    some experience with something like this. Please let
    me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I
    look forward to your new updates.

4. cheap fut 18 coins

This design is steller! You obviously know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Fantastic
    job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how
    you presented it. Too cool!

5. Pat

Excellent blog you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any
    user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about here?
    I’d really like to be a part of group where I can get responses from other experienced people that share the same interest.
    If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Cheers!

6. Diana

fantastic issues altogether, you simply received a brand
    new reader. What would you recommend in regards to your
    submit that you made some days ago? Any sure?

7. cheap mink lashes

If some one needs expert view about blogging and site-building after
    that i suggest him/her to pay a quick visit this weblog,
    Keep up the fastidious job.

8. car computer exchange

Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the internet the simplest thing to
    be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked
    while people think about worries that they just don’t know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined
    out the whole thing without having side-effects , people
    can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

9. innovative security

Hey would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working with?

I’m looking to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.

The reason I ask is because your design and style seems
    different then most blogs and I’m looking for something
    completely unique. P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!

10. car computer exchange

I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your site.
    Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility
    problems? A few of my blog audience have complained
    about my blog not working correctly in Explorer
    but looks great in Opera. Do you have any tips to help
    fix this problem?

11. casas em miami

Terrific work! This is the kind of information that are meant to
    be shared across the internet. Disgrace on Google for
    now not positioning this publish higher! Come on over and
    seek advice from my website . Thank you =)

12. Mammie

No matter if some one searches for his necessary thing, thus he/she wants to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is
    maintained over here.

13. Rosetta

I’m extremely inspired together with your writing talents as well as with the format on your
    blog. Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it your self?
    Anyway stay up the excellent quality writing, it is uncommon to see a great weblog like this one these days..

14. Lourdes

These are really enormous ideas in concerning blogging.
    You have touched some nice things here. Any way keep up wrinting.

15. Leo

What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively helpful and it has
    aided me out loads. I’m hoping to contribute & aid other customers like its aided me.
    Great job.

16. crazeingames.com

Just wish to say your article is as surprising.
    The clearness in your post is simply cool and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.

17. www.lexingtonnc.net

Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
    I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any recommendations?

18. family court divorce

What i do not understood is actually how you are now not really a lot more neatly-preferred than you may be right now.
    You’re so intelligent. You realize thus considerably in terms of this subject, produced me for my part consider it from a lot of varied angles.
    Its like men and women don’t seem to be fascinated unless it is one
    thing to do with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs excellent.
    All the time maintain it up!

19. car computer exchange

Hi my family member! I want to say that this post is awesome,
    great written and include approximately all significant infos.
    I would like to look more posts like this .

20. Geneva

Awesome! Its genuinely amazing article, I have got much clear idea about from this post.

21. www.bakerinsurancegroup.net

Excellent website you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics talked about here?

I’d really love to be a part of online community where I can get feedback from other experienced
    individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Thanks a lot!